Dr. Leming Shi is a professor at the School of Pharmacy and the School of Life Sciences of Fudan University in Shanghai, where he established the Center for Pharmacogenomics. Dr. Shi’s research focuses on pharmacogenomics, bioinformatics, and cheminformatics aiming to realize personalized medicine. As a Principal Investigator at the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) from 2003 to 2012, Dr. Shi conceived and led the MicroArray and Sequencing Quality Control (MAQC/SEQC) project (www.fda.gov/MicroArrayQC/, www.nature.com/nbt/focus/maqc/ and www.nature.com/focus/maqc2/). Dr. Shi was a co-founder of Chipscreen Biosciences Ltd. in Shenzhen, China where he helped develop a chemogenomics-based drug discovery platform leading to several novel small-molecule drug candidates with promising efficacy and safety profiles in anticancer and antidiabetic clinical trials. Dr. Shi is a co-inventor on nine issued patents about novel therapeutic molecules and has published over 170 peer-reviewed papers (nine of them appeared in Nature Biotechnology). Dr. Shi received his Ph.D. in computational chemistry from the Chinese Academy of Sciences in Beijing. Dr. Shi is a guest faculty at the US FDA and an adjunct professor of medicine at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences.
- Su Z, Labaj PP, Li S, Thierry-Mieg J, Thierry-Mieg D, Shi W, …, Kreil DP*, Mason CE*, Shi L*. Power and limitations of RNA-Seq: findings from the MAQC-III (SEQC) project. Nature Biotechnology, 2014. (Accepted).
- Yu Y, Fuscoe JC, Zhao C, …, Shi L*, Wang C*. A rat RNA-Seq transcriptomic BodyMap across 11 organs and 4 developmental stages. Nature Communcations, 5: 3230, 2014.
- Shi L*, Campbell G, Jones WD, …, Tong W, Wolfinger RD. The MicroArray Quality Control (MAQC)-II study of common practices for the development and validation of microarray-based predictive models. Nature Biotechnology, 28(8), 827-838, 2010.
- Shi L*, Reid LH, Jones WD, … , Slikker WJr,. The MicroArray Quality Control (MAQC) project shows inter- and intraplatform reproducibility of gene expression measurements. Nature Biotechnology, 24(9), 1151-1161, 2006.
- Tong W*, Lucas AB, Shippy R, …, Shi L. Evaluation of external RNA controls for the assessment of microarray performance. Nature Biotechnology, 24(9), 1132-1139, 2006.
- Guo L*, Lobenhofer EK, Wang C, …, Shi L*. Rat toxicogenomic study reveals analytical consistency across microarray platforms. Nature Biotechnology, 24(9), 1162-1169, 2006.
Dr. Chen Zhao
Dr. Geng Chen